Feeling a bit adventurous? Then try drinking Aloe Vera! There’s a new product in the grocery called Alo Youth and it’s an aloe vera juice drink from RFM.
I really had second thoughts of buying this drink when I first saw it. But I eventually decided to, out of curiosity and for the sake of this blog. 😀
As far as I know, this is available in two flavors, Apple and Lychee. I bought the Apple flavor because I felt that its taste would be “safer”.
Anyway, Alo Youth basically has natural aloe vera bits, collagen, vitamin E and L-carnitine. Hmmm, another health drink that’s being marketed with weight loss benefits.
Can you see the aloe vera bits in the photo above? That was actually what’s giving me second thoughts – I’ve always known aloe vera as gooey and slimey so I was really not looking forward to trying this drink.
But eventually I did.
And it tasted okay with me. Yup… just okay. The Alo Youth Apple tasted like C2 Apple with nata de coco bits – but of course we all know it’s not nata but aloe vera. And yeah, it’s NOT gooey and slimey.
Now why would you consider drinking aloe vera juice? Well, according to the various websites I did research on, it has the following benefits:
- Good for blood circulation
- Regulates blood pressure
- Good for disorders of the bones and joints
- Benefits the immune system
- Defends the body against hostile organisms
- Provides exceptional nutritional value for health and energy
- Excellent for healing tissue damage inside the body
- Good for healing ulcers
- Good for controlling sugar levels in diabetics
- Helps to reduce itchiness in psoriasis heal
- Helps to make you regular and eliminate constipation
Wow, so aloe vera is not just good for “growing” hair. 😀
But would I try drinking aloe vera again after this one? Well, I honestly don’t know.
As I’ve said, it was just okay for me – maybe only if I’m getting it for free. If not, then I’d rather drink freezy iced tea or something else for my thirst.